Designing the perfect Engagement Session
Here at Jonathan Fanning Studio & Gallery, we understand that your engagement session is going to be the beginning of a new adventure in your life. We want to document this special time for you and begin capturing memories that last a lifetime!
To ensure your portrait is as beautiful as can be, try to follow these suggested guidelines:
- Schedule your engagement session a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks prior to your wedding day. The sooner the better! This allows adequate time for file processing and album designs.
- Choose outfits that suit your personality and make you feel attractive! Make sure you create color harmony and both outfits coordinate well together. Please do not wear short shorts or skirts. This makes posing more difficult. Long, flowing dresses, jeans, or khakis make better selections.
- Start thinking about props! This can make your photograph special and unique. Consider a picnic basket with a wine glasses and a blanket, a straw hat, a musical instrument, even your pet! We can also utilize larger objects such as: boats, sports cars, planes, or motorcycles.
- Do not worry about the location! Once you chose your wardrobe and schedule an appointment, we will discuss location and time with you. We have a wide variety of fun unique locations!
- Become alert to interesting photographs. Look out for romantic postcards or magazine advertisements (fragrance ads are always good) so that we can get an idea on what you have envisioned.
- Keep in mind that many couples chose to utilize their Engagement Portrait to display at their reception, or to include in invitations, albums, etc.
- Have fun!
Feel free to contact us at 727.459.4594, if you have any questions, concerns, or to schedule your Engagement session!