Questions to Ask Before Booking Your Wedding Photographer
Around the holidays is the time when a lot of wedding proposals are taking place and couples are on the hunt for a great wedding venue and a team of vendors to help create a wedding of their dreams. There are many Pinterest boards out there that give advise to brides on what to look for when hiring a professional photographer and can get very overwhelming. Below is a list that I have compiled that I thought were great questions to ask a wedding photographer and that will help in making an informed decision.
- Do you have insurance?
- Is Photography your full-time job?
- How long have you been photographing weddings?
- Can you send me a link to a full gallery from a wedding? (here is a great article that I found about the importance of asking for a link to view a full wedding.)
- Do you have any sample albums that I can see?
- Do you have backup equipment?
- Are you available for out of state travel?
- Where can I read reviews?
- How long after my wedding will the proofs, album, etc be ready?
- Do you require a deposit?
- When are final payments due?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Do you provide retouching, color adjustment, or other photo effects services?
- Can I customize a package based on my needs?
- May I review your wedding photography contract before we make our decision?
- Can I purchase digital images?
- What makes you different from other photographers?
- If my wedding lasts longer then expected, can you stay longer to capture it all and if so what is the charge for overtime?
Hiring a wedding photographer is certainly a difficult decision to make as your wedding photos will be the only thing you will have left to remember the day by after the food has been eaten, cake is gone, and guests have left. Your wedding photographer should know how to handle all sorts of situations with lighting and unexpected events during the day and by asking these questions will help you make a well informed decision.
I like to help my clients in anyway that I can so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me 727.851.9965 or [email protected]