NEW Boudoir website
Are you looking to give a unique gift to your significant other? Boudoir portraits are great gift ideas for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or just because. Many of our clients have also done this for themselves as a confidence boost due to a divorce, giving birth, or loosing weight.
Check out our 10 ways to prepare for your boudoir portrait session
Privacy is a concern to many of our boudoir clients. We have photographed school teachers, professional athlete’s wives, medical professionals, and others who want to protect their identity. Thus, we’ve built in several safeguards to ensure that your privacy will be protected at all times, and you will have complete control over which images (if any) are released and where they appear.
For all of your hair / make-up needs. We recommend these following artists. Be sure to let them know that Jonathan Fanning sent you!
Midori Salon and Spa
Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup
Michele Renee Hair and Makeup Artist Group
We offer a variety of different special unique products that your significant other will absolutely LOVE. Our top selling products are our Little Black Books and our “Peep Show Reel” Call us to find out more information 727.851.9965 or send us an email
5 reasons why you should have a boudoir session.
5. To give an amazing gift. I cannot think of a better gift to give to him than yourself. Show me one man who was not absolutely gaga over boudoir photos of his special lady, and I’ll show you the apocalypse. Men are visual creatures; they connect and internalize images. We may roll our eyes when we see a man recognize a beautiful woman, but it’s how they were wired. When we give images of ourselves, we say, “I respect and love you. I know this is one mode of communication that you appreciate.”
4. To have an excuse to do some retail therapy. Going shopping for accessories and lingerie is just plain fun! Okay, so it may cause anxiety for some because there are so many choices and ideas. However, putting together an outfit that would never see the public eye is rather alluring and exciting. When else would you get to justify chunky, multi-strands of pearls and cream-colored heels? We recommend lingerie of course, but 4 sets of lingerie does not give much variety. Oversized sweaters, tank tops,a nice pair of jeans, teddies, slips, stockings are great!
3. To celebrate a milestone. There is no better way to celebrate a weight loss goal than to rock what the Good Lord gave you! You worked hard to get where you are, and it’s time to celebrate. Whether it was weight loss, a promotion at work, or even just graduating college with three kids in tow, life is one big celebration. We have to take a moment for ourselves and throw some confetti.
2. To get in touch with your inner Glam-azon. Let’s be real. A very large percentage of us probably do not get glammed up every day. I know I don’t. I’ll be lucky if I put on some concealer to hide the puffy bags under my “only six hours of sleep” eyes! Boudoir is a time to let your hair down (literally) and indulge in a little bit of pampering. Most photographers have a hair stylist and/or makeup artist connection for their boudoir clients… so live up the glamour, glitz, and sparkle! Because tomorrow, you’ll be back to your inner moral dilemma of “If I put my mascara on, will I have time to eat breakfast?”
1. To know you are worth it. Every woman deserves to feel comfortable in her own skin. We are subjected to and inundated with images of aesthetic perfection every day in the media. We compare ourselves constantly to unattainable standards. And we let ourselves, even if for a millisecond, believe lies about our bodies. We were created as crowning jewels; we are beauty personified. Sometimes we don’t even know it until we allow ourselves to be placed in a spot of vulnerability. Boudoir is the spot. Boudoir photography allows you to truly rediscover what real beauty is—your beauty
What exactly is Boudoir Photography? Boudoir photography is typically photography that romanticizes and celebrates the female form. It is often done as a gift to ones boyfriend or husband. Boudoir photography is typically suggestive, romantic and is often shot with the model nude, semi nude or with implied nudity. Boudoir Photography is almost always done in the studio with a bedroom setting using tasteful and classy props to enhance the feeling of romance and richness. In some cases our clients prefer to be shot in their own homes and bedrooms and we are prepared to travel to your location if requested.
Planning your session:
We recommend bringing photos that are similar to the style that you are looking for. During your design consultation we will also discuss clothing, shoes, accessories, make-up, hair,.. Everything that you will need to know for your portrait session.
Why us? We put the same quality lighting, processing time, and high-end equipment that in line with Victoria Secret. We are not the average portrait studio. We are professional & experienced photographers who have chosen to photograph real women, making them feel special and gorgeous, rather than photographing models or doing commercial work. FUN is our #1 priority! Yes, you will be nervous, but it is our job to coach you through fantastic poses that are tailored to your particular body type. We also have a female assistant to help with wardrobe and give the female touch.
How old must I be? You must be 18 years of age and be able to show proof of ID prior to your Boudoir session.
I am concerned with privacy. How secure are my boudoir photos? Who will see my boudoir photos? We respect your privacy and we handle your photographs with the utmost care and respect. Your privacy is guaranteed. Apart from the photographer and assistants on set (if any) no-one else will see your images without your consent. Your images will not be posted anywhere without your express written consent. We are very honored and appreciative of our many clients who have given us permission to be featured on our website and in our portfolio.
Can I bring a friend? We sometimes get requests for friends being brought along for moral support, if you would like to bring someone we would love to have them accompany you during your session. Often times our clients friends schedule a session for themselves. Our only rule is NO foxes in the hen house.
What wardrobe should I bring to a boudoir photography session? We suggest a minimum of 3 outfits, but actually prefer that you bring too much rather than too little. We will mix and match from your selection to create the perfect stylized shot. We recommend that you bring a variety of items such as sexy bra and pantie sets, sexy sleep wear, thigh high stocking, bikinis, cocktail dresses, mini skirts, low-rise jeans, cute tops, high heels are a must, and plenty of fun jewelry and accessories. Personalize your shoot and get creative! Bring your boyfriend/ husband’s favorite sports shirt, work shirt & tie. Have all of your outfits clean, ironed, and packed so you’re ready to go.
Do I have to pose nude or semi-nude? Absolutely not. However, if you are interested we can capture the beauty of the naked or semi-nude female body in a way that is tasteful, classy, elegant, and visually stunning. You are in total control of your photo-shoot.
I am self-conscious about … Not a problem. With our professional lighting and posing techniques will bring out the best in you. Jonathan was also a retouch artist for 4 years prior to doing photography full-time and knows the ins and outs on how to enhance your beauty.
Were do you offer your services? Jonathan Fanning’s boudoir portrait service can be created on location in the comfort of the client’s own home, in our studio or at another location such as a hotel. Most of our clients come to our studio as we have a variety of backgrounds and furniture to be used as props. Our studio is conveniently located at 5979 Park Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
I want to book a session! How do I go about doing so? Simply give us a call 727.851.9965 or fill out our contact form to get started.